Learn more about the farm to football connection with these ag-tivities!
Football Ag in a Bag
McLean County (IL) teachers can request FREE ag mags and activity kits for their classroom: Click here
Books to Read – set up a FREE account on openlibrary.org to check out these books online! Or contact us to check out hard copies from our McLean AITC library!
Pro Football Hall of Fame Virtual Field Trip
Join us June 6-9 for our 2022 Summer AITC Workshop for Teachers!
- 4 Days of field trips, tours & hands on lesson ideas
- Geared for pre-K to grade 12 educators
- Earn 30 PDCHs (professional development clock hours), plus 2 graduate level college credit hours available (optional/additional fee)
- Learn about FREE resources for STEM lessons aligned with Common Core & Next Generation Science Standards
- Take home lesson ideas, materials & grant opportunities for use in your classroom next year!
Cost is $50 for the workshop.
Tuition for 2 hours of Graduate Credit from St. Francis University is $200
(Course #REAL 694 K Agriscience Educator Institute)
Instructors: Carrie Vogel, McLean County Ag in the Classroom Coordinator & Katie Buckley, University of Illinois Extension
- Teachers will be responsible for their own transportation to field trip/tour locations, you can arrange your own carpool if desired
Registration deadline May 31, 2022
Click here to register
How high’s the corn? Find out in an update on the growing season from local farmer Paul Schuler in today’s Farm Fresh Podcast.
Be sure to check out the Farm to Table segment every Wednesday at 12:45 p.m. on WJBC radio.
Agriculture contributes $1.6 billion to the McLean County economy. Dive deeper into the numbers with Mike Doherty, Senior Economist with Illinois Farm Bureau for this week’s Farm Fresh Podcast.
Tune in every week to hear the Farm to Table segment on WJBC radio at 12:45 p.m. Wednesdays.
Tis the season for giving! Did you know Illinois Pork farmers have donated more than 437,000 pounds of pork – which is more than 1.75 MILLION servings Illinois residents 2008?
The program, called Pork Power, provides the donated ground pork to the seven regional food banks in Illinois.
Hear from central Illinois hog farmer, Art Lehmann, about the program and ways farmers are giving back to their local communities.
Tune in every Wednesday at 12:45 p.m. to hear the Farm to Table Segment on WJBC radio.