Join us June 6-9 for our 2022 Summer AITC Workshop for Teachers!
- 4 Days of field trips, tours & hands on lesson ideas
- Geared for pre-K to grade 12 educators
- Earn 30 PDCHs (professional development clock hours), plus 2 graduate level college credit hours available (optional/additional fee)
- Learn about FREE resources for STEM lessons aligned with Common Core & Next Generation Science Standards
- Take home lesson ideas, materials & grant opportunities for use in your classroom next year!
Cost is $50 for the workshop.
Tuition for 2 hours of Graduate Credit from St. Francis University is $200
(Course #REAL 694 K Agriscience Educator Institute)
Instructors: Carrie Vogel, McLean County Ag in the Classroom Coordinator & Katie Buckley, University of Illinois Extension
- Teachers will be responsible for their own transportation to field trip/tour locations, you can arrange your own carpool if desired
Registration deadline May 31, 2022
Click here to register
Check out our featured Spring Ag in a Bag Activity kits!
And many more to explore! Click here to see them all!
Take agriculture out to the ballgame! Actually, agriculture is already there because without farms, there would be no baseball!
Learn more about the farm to baseball connection with these ag-tivities!
Baseball Ag in a Bag
McLean County (IL) teachers can request ag mags and baseball activity kits for their classroom: Click here
Books to Read – set up a FREE account on www.openlibrary.org to read these online books for FREE for 14 days!
Ag in the Classroom has plenty of online resources to incorporate into your remote learning days!
Online reading materials:
Around the House Bingo Activities:
Online Learning Games:
Videos & Virtual Field trips
From Chocolate to Flowers, check out these Valentine’s Day connections to agriculture!