Tractors & Technology
Tractors help farmers do lots of different kinds of work on the farm. Build your own tractor and learn about simple machines with these fun activities!
McLean County (IL) teachers can request Soybean ag mags and activity kits for their classroom: Click here
- Technology Ag Mag
- Ag Today – see pages 4-5 for a look at how combines work
- K – 2nd Grade:
- 3rd – 5th Grade
- Build a Tractor
- Balloon Powered Vehicle – build a balloon powered vehicle with a water bottle
- Simple Machines Scavenger Hunt – can you find these items around your house?
- Simple Machines on the Farm – can you identify the simple machines on farm equipment
- 6th – 8th Grade
More to Explore:
- Interactive Tractor Timeline
- Equipment Engineer Game – My American Farm
- How do Combines Work?
Books to Read – set up a FREE account on openlibrary.org to read these online books for FREE!